Apply for/ Extend a ARC
Students plan to continue Chinese study for more than 3 months after 4 months study at CLC, you may apply to switch a visitor visa to a resident visa. In addition, resident visa holder are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate within 15 days of the issue of your resident visa.
STEP 1 Pay the Tuition for Next Semester and Apply for Required Documents at CLC
● Required documents:
1. The original and copy of the certificate of enrollment
2. The original and copy of the attendance record
STEP 2 Go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Apply for a Resident Visa
● Required documents:
1. Application form (Visa Application Form for Entry into Taiwan, Repubic of China)
2. Two 2-inch Photo in color within 6 months
3. The original and copy of the certificate of enrollment
4. The original and copy of the attendance record
5. The original and copy of study plan (Chinese or English)
6. The original and copy of passport
7. The original and copy of the proof of financial support
8. The original and copy of health certificate issued within the last 3 months
9. The original and copy of grades reporter
10. Other documents required by individual cases
● Application fee:NT$3,000 (NT$3,600 for U.S. applicants)
● Address: 3~5 Fl., 2-2 Chi-Nan Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei, 10051, Taiwan
1. Visa issuance is an act of sovereignty. According to the “Statute Governing Issuance of Taiwan Visas in Foreign Passport” and “Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of Taiwan Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders,” the Taiwan. reserves the right not to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason.
Application fee for no-issuance cases is non-refundable.
2. Processing of resident visa application inside Taiwan takes 7 work days.Resident visa applicants are advised to apply to the Bureau of Consular Affairs 7 work days before the duration of stay expires. Application will be turned down and fee not refunded in the event that required documents are not submitted in full within 7 days after the applicant is informed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
In the event that the applicant’s duration of stay expires while the resident visa is under processing and eventually rejected, the applicant is to assume the sole responsibility of overstay and the penalty therefore imposed.
3. Original documents are to be returned after review. Documents produced outside of Taiwan must be authenticated by an Taiwan overseas mission. Documents that are in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a Chinese - or English-translation version. The original-language documents and the accompanying Chinese- or English-translation version must be authenticated by an Taiwan overseas mission.
4. For visa application fees, please refer to “ Standard Fees for Taiwan Visas in Foreign Passports ”.
5. Those who enter Taiwan without a visa or with a landing visa and those who enter Taiwan on a visitor visa not for the purpose of studying Chinese may not apply for a resident visa or an extension of duration of stay on the ground of studying Chinese.
6. Those who enter Taiwan on a resident visa or get a resident visa after having arrived in Taiwan must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of National Immigration Agency. The former must apply within 15 days from the next day of arrival, and the latter must apply within 15 days from the resident visa issuance date. Duration of stay is noted on the Alien Resident Certificate.
7. Obtaining a school admission permit does not guarantee the issuance of a resident visa. Obtaining a resident visa does not entitle the visa holder to enter into Taiwan.
STEP 3 Go to National Immigration Agency to Apply for an ARC
● Required Documents:
1. Application form (Multiple-Purpose Application Form for Foreigners)
2. The origina of Passport
3. Resident Visa
4. Two 2-inch photos in color
5. The origina of certificate of enrollment & the attendance record
● Application fee: NT$1,000
● Processing time: 7 work days
● Address: No.15, Guangzhou St., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei 10066