Chinese Language Center offers a quarter program with 4 sessions a year; namely spring, summer, fall, and winter. CLC designs various types of classes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners. Each class includes the training of Chinese listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Also, along with non-scheduled cultural activities, our program allows students to experience and explore Taiwanese cultures.
Class hours are 3 hours a day 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday, 15 hours a week in total. The learning hours are regulated by the government.
Above the age of 18 or with a high school diploma.
The schedule is subject to change without notice.
Students with a need for a visa are advised to apply one month before the deadline.
The quarter classes start either in the morning or afternoon, 3 hours per day, 15 hours per week. The maximum of each class size is 12. There are 6 levels. Usually one class to each level. Sometimes two classes to a certain level. The classes of different levels are in the morning or afternoon.
The major textbook:
● A Course in Contemporary Chinese 當代中文課程
● Far East Everyday Chinese 遠東生活華語
● Practical Chinese Reading and Writing 實用中文讀寫
● Modern Chinese for Thai Learners 現代華語
● Learning Chinese with Newspaper 讀報學華語
● Practical Business Conversation 實用商業會話
● Materials edited by CLC, Soochow University 自編教材
The tuition fee is TWD30,000. The new student will be charged a handling fee of TWD500. Repeating students will get a 10% discount on the tuition fee. The expense of textbooks, accommodation and visas are excluded from tuition. International students and exchange students of Soochow University enjoy a special discount. Group enrollment also enjoys a special discount. Contact us for details.
STEP 1 Have the required documents ready
All applicants check the starting quarter only(see the note).
- Online application form: Check one quarter only and specify how many quarters you plan to take. The maximum is 8. For Huya Enrichment Scholarship(MOE) applicants, the maximum is 4, and click here to apply online.
- Your passport ID page with at least 6-month validity.
- A colored 2x2-inch headshot photo, taken within 3 months.
- A photocopy diploma of the highest degree(in Chinese or English only, no need for transcripts).
- Proof of your financial statement with at least US$2,000 dated within 3 months. Supported by parents, guardians, family members, or others, one should enclose their supporting announcement.
Note: When continuing to the 2nd quarter class, you must submit a medical report by then. This report can be done in designated Taipei City Hospitals. See the medical report below for details. HES applicants may check up to 4 quarters.
Medical report: By law, one of the two types of the medical report must be submitted at the end of the first quarter:
- Attending 2 quarters, i.e. you spend an exact total of 180 days in Taiwan, please download Form C, which comes with (a.) Chest X-Ray for tuberculosis. (b.) Proof of positive measles and rubella antibody titers or measles and rubella immunization certificates. Bring these certificates with you if taken before.
- Attending 3 quarters, i.e. you spend more than 180 days in Taiwan, download the Health Certificate for Residence Application. More items to be checked.
STEP 2 Application Online
Read the directions and start the process.
STEP 3 More things you should know.
You'll receive a digital admission letter within 7 days if all documents are correct. 5 to 10 days later, we send you a Visa Application Permit by the MOE. With this permit, you apply for a visa. Once having the visa, upload the visa, airline ticket, and quarantine hotels back to us for the MOE Entry Permit. 5-10 days later, you get this permit. Together with the entry permit, visa, and admission letter, you may come to Taiwan for the quarantine task. After that, you may come to school for the class and the dorm.
- Failing to register at our center within the first two weeks leads to the cancellation of your admission and accommodation reservation. Limited exceptions might be granted for notification in advance.
- Not acceptable of cutting in the classes after the program has already started for more than a month.
- The Summer quarter(the month of May to early August) is a time for the high demand for accommodation. Send in your application 6 months ahead if you plan to come in the summer quarter and need the housing service.
See what our students have to say about our quarter program.